Updated: Jun 12, 2020
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with baking wax paper or foil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
3. Pour in the oil, maple syrup and/or honey and VANILLA. Mix well, until every oat and nut are lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
4. Bake until lightly golden, about 21- 24 min, stirring halfway (for extra-clumpy granola, press the stirred granola down with your spatula to create a more even layer). The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
5. Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes). Top with the dried fruit (and optional chocolate chips, if using). Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks, or stir it around with a spoon if you don’t want extra-clumpy granola.
6. Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks, or in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. The dried fruit can freeze solid, so let it warm to room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Tips: Lemon poppy seeds adds crunch and texture, so good! And this granola isn't granola without coconut flakes!
AND tag @fitbesttraining & @larajonker__ in your posts/stories when you try this recipe!