Updated: Dec 6, 2021
It's Friday and that means it's time to FEAST around the table with family and friends!
I remember growing up Friday nights used to be the highlight of my week. My sisters and I experienced hostel life since the young age of 7 and we were so privileged to go home every weekend. So with Friday dinners, there were a lot of catching up to do around the table with our favourite "home take away meals." My mom had the super power to plan and prep our favourite take away meals in less than an hour (I have recipes for Kentucky, Homemade Pizza, Steers Chips, and even Spur Salads!) But my ultimate favourite will always be PIZZA!
Spicy Lamb Pizza
The simplicity of today's pizza recipe makes it absolutely worth it! You can use this recipe as a basis and add fresh ingredients and spices to your liking. (I used only basics available in my Pofadder Pantry =)
750 g Leg of lamb, cooked and shredded (Leftover Sunday Roast will work as well!)
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
50 g Tomato Paste
2.5 ml Ground Cinnamon
5 ml Ground Cumin
5 ml Smoked Paprika
5 ml Salt
5 ml Smoked Tabasco Sauce
2 Wheels Feta
15 ml Olive Oil
½ Red Onion, thinly sliced
250 ml Fresh Coriander Leaves, roughly chopped
15 ml Fresh Lemon Juice
Red Pepper Flakes for Serving
360 ml Double Cream Yoghurt
6 Large Wraps / 6 Homemade Naan Breads (Recipe in FEAST recipe guide launching soon)
1. Heat a dash of oil in a large pot and fry garlic until fragrant and golden, then add the shredded lamb
2. Add tomato paste, cinnamon, cumin, paprika and salt to the lamb and mix everything well. Simmer 10 minutes for all flavours to develop
3. Heat your wraps / naan bread in the oven until it is golden brown and slightly crispy
4. Top each base with 60 ml Double Cream yoghurt and then add some lamb on top (Divide lamb between 6 pizzas)
5. Crumble feta over each pizza
6. Toss onion, coriander and lemon juice together in a bowl, season with salt if necessary. Drizzle over pizzas and top if off with a dash of red pepper flakes. Best served fresh!
The mission with my FEAST recipes is to not only give nourishment for our bodies, but also for our souls! We can't wait to share our complete FEAST Recipe Guide with you! It's launching on 28 May 2021!
(To find our more about FEAST - check out our live chat from the other day - just click here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNux03RJk9u/ )