"The fondest memories are made when gathered around the table"
We grew up on a farm in the heart of the Boesmanland and my mother was a fulltime housewife. Preparing family meals that nourishes was her love language and the time spend around the dinner table is the fondest memories that I have of her. After 14 years I can still see her in front of the Aga stove busy cooking "Rys, vleis en Aartappels" or "Boontjiesop"
Our FEAST recipe guide was born out of my urge to get families back to the table so that others can have the memories that I have today. We want to offer a guide with quick and healthy meals. We want to equip you with a variety of recipes that you can prepare in 1 hours time that the whole family will love. We want to promote the message of how important time around the table with family and friends are for your health and your relationships.
We did a poll on Insta to see which recipe from the FEAST Recipe Guide you want us to cook live - and the winner was Butter Chicken with Naan Bread! Come and join me in my Boesmanland Plaaskombuis while cooking this delicious recipe. I shared more about my story with food and also more information regarding our FEAST Recipe Guide - see the video here!
• 6 Chicken Breasts, Skinless & Boneless
• 30 ml Olive Oil
• 3 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
• 2 cm Ginger, Peeled & Grated
• 10 ml Mild Curry Powder
• 5 ml Turmeric
• 5 ml Paprika
• 5 ml Ground Coriander
• 5 ml Cumin
• 3 ml Cinnamon
• 10 ml Grated Lemon Peel
• 20 ml Lemon Juice
• 50 g Tomato Paste
• 5 ml Brown Sugar
• 350 ml Double Cream Yoghurt
• 250 ml Fresh Coriander Leaves
1. Cut chicken breasts in pieces and flavour with a little salt & pepper, keep aside.
2. Heat oil & fry garlic and ginger in it until a little brown and full of flavour. Add curry power, turmeric, paprika, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, lemon peel and lemon juice and fry for a few minutes.
3. Add chicken to the spice mixture.
4. Add tomato paste and brown sugar and mix everything well.
5. Add yoghurt and let it heat up to boiling point, lower the heat
and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Serve with fresh coriander leaves, homemade flat bread and tomato sambals.
Full Recipe: Cals 1523, Protein 170,7g, Fat 73.3g, Carbs 44.0g
Per Portion (4): Cals 381, Protein 42.7g, Fat 18.3g, Carbs 11,0g