My brother recently visited North Africa and brought me this massive container of dates. Dates have so many health benefits and on top of that, it is an absolute delicious snack. I love eating dates just as they are but today I decided to use it in this easy date and nut ball recipe.
- 1 ½ dates (pitted)
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 40g milk, dark or white chocolate
1. Add the dates and nuts to a food processor and blend together until the dates and nuts are broken into smaller pieces and start to come together.
2. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into little balls. You will end up with 15-20 medium/small balls.
3. Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the date and nut balls. (I used coconut and cashew nut milk chocolate)
4. Store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy as a snack.
Tip: Let the dates soak in warm water for a few minutes to soften it before blending.
Servings: 15-20 medium/small balls
Nutritional information per ball: